Castles are a commonly occurring type of level that takes place in stone castles guarded by Koopalings.
Upon beating one, the player is offered a chance to save their progress and move on to the next world. Once cleared, Mario can no longer normally enter a castle. However, one can easily bypass this by holding L+R when selecting the level.
Common Elementslava, and a battle with either a Koopaling or Bowser. In the original game, Yoshi is not allowed in a castle because of five notable glitches as follows:
- If Yoshi reaches a Koopaling, he can eat them, resulting in an endless battle. This is due to the Koopalings being programmed for normal combat, only including jumps and fireballs from the player.
- If Yoshi reaches the battle with Bowser, he falls through the platform.
- If Yoshi walks near a Podoboo, his head turns into a Podoboo.
- If Yoshi approaches a Ball 'n' Chain, his head disappears.
- If Yoshi enters Iggy or Larry's room, he will not be standing on the platform with the player. This is because Mode 7 does not properly track the position of the player while riding Yoshi.
Castle Destruction ScenesSwitch Palaces.
Castle themed levels in SMW
- Iggy's Castle
- Morton's Castle
- Lemmy's Castle
- Ludwig's Castle
- Roy's Castle
- Wendy's Castle
- Larry's Castle
- Front Door
- Back Door
|Level Themes found in Super Mario World|
|Bonus | Bridge | Castle | Cave | Grassland | Forest | Fortress | Ghost House | Mushroom (Theme) | Sky | Underwater|